Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Test Engineer. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
Responsible to provide direction for the completion of developing test practices, and to ensure compliance to contractual test requirements through the development of: processes, plans, procedures, automation, electrical, and mechanical testing devices and fixtures to execute product testing.
The ideal candidate would be a highly-skilled electrical engineer with excellent mechanical aptitude, who is a practical problem-solver and innovator, and has a thorough understanding of the use of various tools and equipment for testing. The candidate needs the ability to work with everything from hand sketches to detailed CAD models to design/fabricate close-tolerance parts, as well as jigs and fixtures.
- Performs the set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of: circuits, components, harnesses, instruments, and mechanical assemblies.
- Reads and understands: technical drawings, procedures, and Mil-Spec industry standards.
- Prepares, performs and compiles reports for tests including data analysis, results, test validation / verification.
- Writes test procedures, trains test technicians on test procedures, and verifies training effectiveness.
- Performs test incident / failure and root cause analysis, implements corrective action, and verifies effectiveness of corrective action.
- Assist in product design, development, and production.
- Ensures proper test-related documentation is completed, verified, and approve.
- Develop new apparatus or fixture design for testing in a manufacturing environment.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- 4 year electrical engineering degree or equivalent, and 7 or more years of experience in a closely related technical field with mechanical engineering experience.
- Advanced electrical (digital/analog) & RF theory knowledge.
- Hands-on experience with operation of Signal Generators, Power Meters, Oscilloscopes, Hi-Pot Testers & Cable Harness Testers.
- Experience with developing production test systems.
- Advanced schematic interpretation.
- Ability to use precision measuring devices.
- Solid documentation, organization, attention to details, and record keeping.
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks daily to meet deadline.
- Knowledge and ability to comprehend engineering drawings, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Demonstrated experience with customer business relationship
- Strong communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of equipment utilized for testing, data acquisition, and programming languages such as C, C++, and/or LabVIEW.
- Execution of tests in accordance with the quality system.
- Knowledgeable of manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Understanding of RF, Analog, Digital Circuits in relation to test development; understanding of hardware test requirements for volume manufacturing.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs
- Must speak/read/write English
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 1.310.680.3917 Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 310.674.5030 x631.