Supplier Quality Engineer
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
Evaluates suppliers based on their ability to supply product in accordance with corporate and customer requirements. Criteria for evaluations are established and defined in corporate procedures. The results of evaluation and on-going quality and delivery performance evaluations are recorded.
- Maintain and Analyze Supplier Scorecards.
- Maintain Internal Corrective Action Requests (ICAR’s) and Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR’s) for closed-loop corrective action, root cause analysis.
- Notify and follow-up with supplier issues.
- Coordinate Corrective Action Responses and defective product challenges with suppliers, procurement and inspection departments.
- Work closely with Procurement organization regarding supplier communication.
- Preserve corporate compliance to AS9100 and/or ISO9001 directly related to Supplier Control.
- Interfacing with Suppliers, Customers and Auditors.
- Corporate supplier base liaison for Program Management, Quality Assurance and Procurement in regards to Supplier approval and disapproval issues.
- Manage Approved Supplier Listing (ASL) in accordance with corporate procedures.
- Evaluate Suppliers Quality requirements of Contracts, Purchase Orders and amendments to awarded contracts.
- Conduct Supplier Quality system audits as required and/or requested.
- Improve supplier quality performance for assigned suppliers via Quality Plan Implementation.
- Manage the “Request for Supplier Change” process.
- Work directly with suppliers under the control of the Company’s Quality/Logistics.
- Support implementation of initiatives such as “Supplied Data” and “Dock to Stock”.
- Assure Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) plans are developed and executed at assigned suppliers in compliance with the CAPA process.
- Generate weekly metrics to understand trends/performance of suppliers.
- Ensure counterfeit part avoidance and application of the Government/Industry Data Exchange program (GIDEP) alert system with suppliers.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related Science.
- ASQ certification or minimum of 10 years aerospace quality assurance experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of mechanical inspection experience.
- Ability to read and interpret drawing and specification requirements.
- Familiar with SAP Enterprise Requirements Planning (ERP) system.
- Understanding of basic specifications and standards; i.e., AS9100, ISO, ANSI, ASME, etc.
- Technical writing skills preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint); with emphasis on Excel manipulation of data and metrics.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and self-motivated.
- Work in a team environment and must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties, please send resume to email@example.com (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 1.310.680.3917 Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424 318 4631.