Sr. Program Control Specialist
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Sr. Program Control Specialist. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
Seeking a highly motivated, hands-on, Sr. Program Control Specialist with U.S. government contract experience to help lead in the development and implementation of a company-wide program planning and control system and program finance function across the corporate enterprise. This position will report functionally to the MEC Cost Accounting Manager but work in a matrixed role with the MEC Program Office, requiring day-to-day interface supporting the MEC Program Office V.P., directors, IPT leads and program managers. Experience with FAR and DFARS related to program finance, CFSR, EACs, EVM, IPMR, CSDR, program network scheduling, program budgeting, performance measurement, variance analysis, corrective actions and support of month end financial close.
- Support the development and implementation of program finance and program planning and control policies, procedures and related processes across the enterprise, primarily focused on supporting the MEC Program Office
- Assist the PMs in the development of a program WBS and SAP Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) in support of specific customer purchase order and contractual cost reporting requirements
- Instruct and assist the PMs in the creation and status of Program Network Schedules on major programs
- Collaborate with the Program Office, Contracts and Business Development organizations in developing a program budget baseline and developing performing organization budgets for each major program
- Collaborate with IPT Leads in the analyze and assess of program financial performance, establish reporting thresholds, create variance analysis reports and corrective actions as required
- Support the periodic development and update of major program budget baselines and Estimate-at- Completions (EACs) as required by program finance procedures and specific program office requests
- Periodically review project cost charging in accordance with company financial policies and procedures. Mischarges with be identified and corrections processed in accordance with company policies
- Working with Cost Accounting, assist in assuring project cost transfers are identified and properly transacted within SAP
- When acting as a team leader, encourage and support team members to discuss relevant issues openly and emphasis continuous process improvement and implementation of better solutions
- Prepare and support program financial performance reports, cost reports and program financial review presentations to management in support of the program office as required
- Assist in the development of program finance and program planning and control training materials and provide training as an instructor to program managers, IPT leads and performing organization personnel as required
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA a plus
- 7+ years of program cost experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in the Aerospace and Defense industry preferred
- Experience with SAP ERP preferred or a similar ERP system
- Senior Lead or Specialist experience required
- Experience with ANSI/EIA 748C EVMS preferred
- Must be a self-starter and quick learner
- Strong communication and organization skills, able to work well independently
- Advanced level proficiencies in MS-Excel (Pivot Tables, Lookups, Formulas)
- Experience with SAP ERP FICO and Project System preferred
- Familiarity with IMPR, CSDR and CFSR reporting preferred
- Familiarity with FAR, DFARS, CAS and government contracting principles
- Must be able to speak/read/write English
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
Interested parties, please send resume to email@example.com (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.