Sr. Cost Accountant
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Sr. Cost Accountant. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
Marvin Engineering is seeking a highly motivated, experienced and hands-on Sr. Cost Accountant to support a recently established Cost Accounting and Program Finance function. The Senior Cost Accountant will be a member of the Finance department reporting directly to the Cost Accounting Manager and Chief Financial Officer while working closely and supporting Contracts, Supply Chain and Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) departments across all programs and contracts.
- Develop Forward Pricing Rates and submittal of compliant rate packages to the U.S. Government
- Lead DCMA and DCAA proposal, rate and business system audits and reviews
- Assist in the development of Cost Accounting and Program Finance procedures and work instructions
- Collaborate with Program Office, Contracts, Program management and Supply Chain to establish contract and project budgets
- Create Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) in support of contractual requirements for all projects
- Prepare and review program financial reports including contract value, budget, cost and Estimate at Completion (EAC) for determining program cost performance and profitability
- Perform and support Price Cost Analysis (PCAs)
- Collaborate with IPTs in the preparation of IPT project performance reports
- Identify, pursue and correct incorrect project costs and perform cost transfers as necessary
- Work in a team environment to discuss relevant issues freely with a strong emphasis on continuous improvement and creating better solutions
- Prepare project performance and program review presentations to management
- Train others on proper recording of costs and use of system for recording and analyzing costs
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Finance or Accounting degree preferred, CPA is a plus)
- 5+ years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in the Aerospace and Defense or Government Contracting industry
- Experience with FAR, DFARS, CAS and government contracting principles
- Experience with SAP ERP (preferred), or a similar ERP system
- Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and CPSR reporting
- Proficient in MS-Excel (Pivot Tables, Lookups, Formulas)
- Must be a self-starter and quick learner
- Strong communication and organization skills, able to work well independently
- Must be able to speak/read/write English
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.