Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Shipping Clerk. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
The Shipping Clerks primary duties, under direct supervision, are to perform a variety of routine shipping tasks such as, but not limited to: Packaging, comparing and identifying information on outgoing shipments with packing list, invoices, and/or other documents. Load and unloads freight.
- Prepare shipments for both military (some knowledge of Military packaging is a plus) and commercial conveyance, select and package items to ensure safe delivery.
- Check items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that the quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Follow established departmental/company policies, procedures and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives and safety practices.
- Operate a pallet jack and or forklift in loading and unloading of supplies and equipment.
- Not limited to the above referenced duties (additional skills are a plus).
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Some understanding of Military Shipment process.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to pay close attention to details.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and become a productive member of the team.
- Must maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with policy and procedures.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Ability to learn and work with SAP to support data entry requirements.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching as a part of many daily activities. The noise level in the work environment and various job sites around the campus can be loud and my require you to wear ear protection as well as eye protection depending on the location.
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.