Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Shipping Analyst. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
The Shipping Analyst is responsible for assisting in the creation, verification, and accuracy of documentation of all outgoing shipments in support of the Shipping Administrator.
- Update/Maintain shipment information in SAP and shipment log (tracking, weight, date shipped etc).
- Assist in the validation of contractual information in SAP and on Delivery Notes to verify accuracy of outgoing shipments.
- Support the shipping administrator in the creation shipping documentation (COCs, DD250s, DD1149s, Bill of Ladings etc.).
- Prepare commercial invoices.
- Assist in ensuring packages are shipped according to instructions.
- Request shipping costs for orders when requested.
- Contact freight forwarders for coordination of shipment deliveries.
- Process outgoing shipments either online via the freight companies software (i.e. UPS World Ship, FEDEX, XPO) or make arrangements verbally or via email with freight companies.
- Check all orders before shipments to ensure destination and postage information are correct.
- Report any unresolved shipping problems or discrepancies to Shipping Administrator or direct supervisor.
- Respond to customer inquiries about shipments.
- Assist in resolving issues with regard to interrupted or lost shipments.
- Perform other duties, as required.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of Military Shipment process.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Must comply with MEC policies as described in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
Interested parties, please send resume to email@example.com (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.