Robotic Paint Technician
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Robotic Paint Technician. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
The position requires a strong ability to support the implementation, operation, and on-going improvements of a new Paint Facility with an industrial robotic paint system (Fanuc P-350). The Robotic system will apply coatings to defense related parts with extreme precision and control. Candidates must have experience with military coatings processing, robotic automation and programming and paint booth operation.
- Robot path programming knowledge and experience (Fanuc HandlingTool)
- Develop new model programming using simulation software and product teaching (FANUC SimPro & Teach Pendant Path Planning), perform spray trials to validate application meets requirements and train production operators
- Evaluating and improving coating applications for manual and robotically applied liquid paint
- Provide process troubleshooting support for production and implement effective countermeasures
- Technical liaison between engineering, production and suppliers to resolve quality issues resulting in improved appearance and defect reduction
- Establish and implement the most cost efficient methods for production
- Work closely with management to identify and recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials, time, labor, movement, revise work instructions, reorganizing work flow, and assist with the purchase of new equipment
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- 4+ years of related experience including liquid paint processes, both manual and robotic
- 2-year degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Chemical technology, or related disciplines
- Process experience in component painting technology
- Hands-on out on the floor working with operators on updates, improvements, quality, safety, productivity
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Gather and analyze information skillfully
- Write clearly and informatively
- Support organization’s goals, vision, and values
- Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement experience preferred
- Must be able to speak/read/write English
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.