Quality Coordinator, DMS
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Quality Coordinator. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
Manage all aspects of the control of non-conforming material in the DMS Cage intended for deliverable product. Pending the disposition of non-conforming material, the Quality Coordinator, DMS is responsible for processing product based on the MRB decision.
- Maintain the organization (5S) and control/security of the DMS Cage.
- Manage non-conforming material and QN information from various departments in SAP.
- Maintain the logging/records of the receipt and movement of non-conforming material, identifying part numbers, serial numbers and verifying quantities to assure documentation is correct.
- Depending on MRB decisions, ensure product is staged to scrap, RTV, rework or re-inspect and perform appropriate SAP transactions.
- Maintain communications with Receiving Department, Receiving Inspection, Program Managers, Quality Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, and Production Control as needed.
- Maintain non-conforming material inventory accuracy through cycle count activities on a daily basis.
- Maintain Huddle Board to communicate DMS issues, oldest QN being worked, and all other pertinent QN activity.
- Work required overtime, including occasional Saturdays as requested by Quality management
- At a minimum, perform weekly (every Friday) walk-throughs of the Production Floor areas to audit compliance for the control of non-conforming material and proper identification IAW WI-811. Provide a report of the audits to Production & Quality Management.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Maintain awareness and understanding of documents published in the QMS Library, with specific competency on the following including P-001 Quality Management System.
- Three years Aerospace/Manufacturing in a materials and inventory role.
- Basic knowledge of quality assurance and manufacturing processes.
- Good oral and wrtten communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work effectively with others.
- Works with a positive attitude, follows direction and works with a sense of urgency when needed.
- Working knowledge of SAP transactions and related DMS SOPs.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties, please send resume to email@example.com (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 1.310.680.3917 Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424 318 4631.