Quality Control Inspector Level 3
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Quality Control Inspector Level 3. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
Quality Control Inspector (Level 3) inspects Marvin Engineering Product for compliance to MEC processes, procedures, and contractual obligations with at least three years’ experience in inspection and a strong understanding of GD& T concepts. Level 3 inspectors perform level 1 and 2 inspections and in addition, use computer aided inspection equipment and surface plates.
- Perform program independent inspections, validations, and/or verifications of assigned items to ensure compliance to Marvin Engineering processes, procedures, and contractual obligations
- Perform inspections of intermediate level hardware using surface plate inspection methods and/or computer aided inspection equipment such as CMMs, FARO/Romer Arms, Laser Tracker, Video Measuring Machines, etc., at an operator level
- Understand and use all common Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) concepts, including Angularity, Profile (line/surface), Runout (circular/total), Symmetry, and True Position
- Interpret, demonstrate, and explain common inspection issues to customers, engineers, management, etc.
- May need to interpret and use programs and models for computer aided inspection equipment
- May be asked to perform casting and forging layouts
- Perform inspections using basic algebra and trigonometry
- May be asked to instruct and oversee lower level inspectors
- May be asked to perform source inspections or otherwise travel in support of MEC quality needs
- May be asked to perform lower level inspection tasks
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- Three years minimum experience as a QC inspector
- Two years minimum experience using surface plates and/or computer aided inspection equipment at an operator level
- Able to perform Quality Control Inspector Level 2 tasks
- Able to work to blueprint, specification, and contractual requirements with a minimum of supervision
- Understand and use common GD& T concepts including basic true position
- High School graduate diploma or a General Educational Development (GED) certificate
- Able to speak, read, and write good English
- Able to perform basic algebra and trigonometry
- Able to follow instructions and work independently
- Able to work with others and be a team player
- Able to perform basic computer tasks and have basic typing skills
- Able to lift 40lbs
- Certifications in GD&T, Quality Inspection, relevant ASQ areas, or college degrees in Quality Assurance, Engineering, or other technical fields are a PLUS
- Must be able to speak/read/write English
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 1.310.680.3917 Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424 318 4631.