Production Planning Supervisor
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Production Planning Supervisor. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
The Production Planning Supervisor is responsible for all planning strategic and tactical activities required to ensure on time delivery to customer commitments, and operations & inventory optimization. The planning supervisor will monitor and maintain planning activities, material flow, and control of materials for all production programs in their area(s), which will include the direct supervision of all planners. The Production Planning Supervisor will be also be assigned as a planner for a product line, or work center(s), in addition to supervising. Production Planning Supervisor will fill in for the Production Planning Manager as required.
- Assist in managing day-to-day planning operations, including maintaining schedules, monitoring reports; motivate and inspire the team to achieve/exceed daily, weekly business goals; mitigate issues to ensure production lines are achieving 100% on time delivery.
- Administer and execute policies, processes, and procedures.
- Hire, train, set responsibilities, establish standard work, and supervise planning team; monitor team performance and write employee reviews including time card management.
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability; thrives in change and uncertainty; identify business system or processes gap and pursue continuous improvement.
- Review bill of material for structure, accuracy, and planning parameters to ensure they are set up appropriately to achieve effectiveness of planning.
- Conduct finite capacity analysis, work closely with Master Scheduler to develop and maintain the master production schedule, plan and manage all production planning, scheduling and material management related activities.
- Ensure on-time releases of all Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and Production Orders, monitors the planning activities and material flow through all production line and partner with Operations and production control to mitigate any schedule attainment issues.
- Participate and provide input in Sales, Inventory and Operation Planning (SlOP) process; develop and maintain the build plan that meets contract dates and balances production.
- Work directly with Program Managers to lead Planning portion of program meetings.
- Work with Production Control and Operations to establish and maintain a Plan for Every Part.
- Analyze and take actions on excess and shortage of the materials.
- Ensures we are shipping against the proper sales orders to meet production commitments.
- Assess and provide training and assist in understanding MRP driven requirements.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, operations or related area, and/or APICS CPIM or CSCP certifications.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in material/production planning.
- Demonstrated leadership ability or at least 2 years of experience leading teams in an industrial setting.
- Strong business acumen, forward thinking and optimistic problem solving skills
- Must possess good organizational skills, the ability to work well with others, good decision making skills, and the ability to think outside the box.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct detailed analysis and present summary root causes, and improvement plans.
- Thorough knowledge of MRP system, supplier lead time, production cycle time and routings; ability to supervise, train and mentor planners and peers.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing initiatives, including Kanban systems, 5S, and other problem solving techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Is resourceful and versatile in responding to changing demands and opportunities.
- Previous experience and knowledge in Material Planning required.
- Self-motivated to excel and achieve best possible results.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
Interested parties, please send resume to email@example.com (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.