Paint Department Supervisor
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Paint Department Supervisor. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
Supervise the production and daily operations of the Paint Department. This includes, but is not limited to safety, quality, schedule and personnel. In addition, oversight and efficient usage of Paint Booths, to include Robot and applicable PM requirements.
- Following and enforcing applicable safety and work instructions, specifications, manuals, checklists and/or other applicable requirements.
- Supervising, instructing and ensuring that all employees are adequately advised of their duties, their responsibility and their accountability through monitoring employee attendance, quality of work and productivity.
- Participate in employee interviewing, perform required new hire training and employee performance evaluations
- Maintain a safe work environment and reporting safety issues. Responsible for cleanliness (i.e. housekeeping).
- Ensure optimum utilization of Paint Booths, to include Robot automation.
- Maintain operator maintenance of Paint Booths. Coordinate PM scheduling with Facilities.
- Monitor and capture metrics on equipment use for OEE improvements.
- Help manage paints, coatings, and supply inventories within the department to minimize down time between processes.
- Collaborate with other departmental supervisors to coordinate inter-departmental activities to ensure customer deadlines are met per production schedules.
- POC for addressing issues, troubleshooting/resolving problems, and maintaining equipment.
- Perform random daily 5S inspections and participate in all internal, external and customer audits.
- Support safety efforts by ensuring compliance with all OSHA, company and customer requirements regarding all quality, environmental, health and safety regulations at all times, including but not limited to maintaining training and compliance logs.
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, state, and local regulations that affect paint operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know SCAQMD requirements, etc.
- Provide necessary training.
- Ensure that Personal Protective Equipment and other required safety equipment is available and being used properly.
- Carry out supervision responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Resolve conflicts on the job.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- A.A. or Technical degree; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferably in the aerospace or military industry.
- Experience with paint processes utilizing various paints, primers, coatings (special and standard) and solvents common in aerospace or military industry preferred.
- Experience with automation equipment or paint automation equipment preferred.
- Good communication, interaction and competent organizational skills required.
- Good computer skills, MRP/ERP and software knowledge (Microsoft Office Suite); SAP experience is a plus.
- Must be able to read, interpret and use manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, blueprints, wiring and schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to identify, solve and implement actions utilizing root cause and corrective/preventative action methods.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties, please send resume to email@example.com (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.