Paint Department Manager
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Paint Department Manager. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
Manage the production and daily operations of the Paint Department.
- Direct all operational functions in the paint department including surface prep, strip, mask, and paint in addition to being familiar with the materials, coatings and equipment, to include automation, involved in the work scope
- Improve processes, methods, and workflow.
- Maintain and develop Paint Department staff and their professional and technical knowledge by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, developing and providing educational opportunities.
- Participate in employee interviewing, perform all new hire orientation training and employee performance evaluations
- Review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality of work and productivity; establish and review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics, develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Monitor and capture metrics on equipment use for OEE improvements.
- Manage production order priorities needed to ensure customer shipment dates and specifications are met.
- Help manage paints, coatings, and supply inventories within the department to minimize down time between processes.
- Collaborate with other departmental managers and/or supervisors to coordinate inter-departmental activities to ensure customer deadlines are met per production schedules.
- Addressing issues, troubleshooting/resolving problems, and maintaining equipment.
- Keep abreast of new equipment and tools available.
- Perform random daily 5S inspections and participate in all internal, external and customer audits.
- Support safety efforts by ensuring compliance with all OSHA, company and customer requirements regarding all quality, environmental, health and safety regulations at all times, including but not limited to maintaining training and compliance logs.
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, state, and local regulations that affect paint operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know SCAQMD requirements, etc.
- Provide necessary training.
- Ensure that Personal Protective Equipment and other required safety equipment is available and being used properly.
- Forecast goals and objectives for the department and strive to meet them.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Resolve conflicts on the job.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferably in the aerospace or military industry.
- Experience with paint processes utilizing various paints, primers, coatings (special and standard) and solvents common in aerospace or military industry preferred.
- Experience with automation equipment or paint automation equipment preferred.
- Good communication, interaction, management and competent organizational skills required.
- Good computer skills, MRP/ERP and software knowledge (Microsoft Office Suite); SAP experience is a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, drawings, specifications, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to identify, solve and implement actions utilizing root cause and corrective/preventative action methods.
- Ability to effectively present information to, and respond to questions from, groups of managers and customer representatives.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.