Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Network Administrator. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
This position will be the primary on-site technical expert responsible for the administration of the Windows server environment including Exchange as well as file and print services. Experience and knowledge of switching, routing, wireless technology and security is also required. This position requires a broad knowledge of the maintenance, design and implementation of complex network solutions while assuring performance levels, security, customer experience and network uptime meets/exceeds business service levels.
Must be hands on and proficient in all technical aspects of wired/wireless network architecture including Windows administration, virtualization, storage, diagnostics, switching, routing, telecommunications, performance measurement, troubleshooting, operation and optimization.
The successful candidate will thrive in a team environment driven by a customer ticketing system and improvement projects with the ability to rapidly absorb complex technical requirements and create sound, resilient engineered solutions.
- Manage a Microsoft domain environment; including VMware, Exchange, AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO’s, and Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 servers.
- Act as the lead administrator for multiple systems including KACE, Veritas Backup Exec, in-house apps, Compellent storage, license servers as well as MDM and wireless administration.
- Assist with the hands on design, installation and support of network infrastructure in a highly available, multi datacenter corporate IT environment.
- Assist in the implementation of network guidelines and performance standards for QoS, security, and network monitoring etc.
- Maintain documentation for design, maintenance and operation of the network.
- Analyze and diagnose complex technical problems across all technology layers for quick resolution through the use of diagnostics tools.
- Analyze network performance and ensure that the network keeps pace with growth.
- Assist in network capacity and disaster recovery planning.
- Participate in on call support for escalations and after hours change management.
- Assist in Network Security audits, scanning, and penetration testing tasks.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience managing a Microsoft Domain, Windows Servers, Exchange, VMware, and other mission critical enterprise level systems
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a LAN/WAN engineering role performing duties at all levels of the network stack.
- Experience working in a complete help desk ticketing environment.
- In-depth and hands on knowledge of IP switching, routing, VLANs and VoIP.
- In-depth and hands on experience working with HP Enterprise, Aruba, ProCurve and Juniper hardware.
- In-depth and hands on knowledge of multiple SAN storage systems.
- In-depth experience with MPLS, SSL VPNs, and IPSec VPNs.
- In depth and hands on experience in wireless and RF technologies (wireless LAN controllers, access points)
- Experience with support tools such as industry standard network monitoring and troubleshooting tools (Solarwinds, Wireshark, Compellent Enterprise Monitor).
- Experience with vulnerability scanning and security hardening best practices.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- NIST 800-171
- Security Auditing
- Ruckus Wireless
- Teamcenter, AutoCAD
- Mitel VoIP
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 1.310.680.3917 Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424 318 4631.