Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Network Administrator. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
This position will be responsible for assisting in the maintenance, design and implementation of complex network solutions while assuring performance levels, security, customer experience and network uptime meets/exceeds business service levels.
Must be hands on and proficient in all technical aspects of wired/wireless network architecture including virtualization, storage, diagnostics, switching, routing, telecommunications, performance measurement, troubleshooting, operation and optimization.
The successful candidate will thrive in a team environment driven by a customer ticketing system and improvement projects with the ability to rapidly absorb complex technical requirements and create sound, resilient engineered solutions.
- Assist with the hands on design, installation and support of network infrastructure in a highly available, multi datacenter corporate IT environment.
- Assist in the implementation of network guidelines and performance standards for QoS, security, and network monitoring etc.
- Maintain documentation for design, maintenance and operation of the network.
- Analyze and diagnose complex technical problems across all technology layers for quick resolution through the use of diagnostics tools.
- Analyze network performance and ensure that the network keeps pace with growth.
- Assist in network capacity and disaster recovery planning.
- Participate in on call support for escalations and after hours change management.
- Assist in Network Security audits, scanning, and penetration testing tasks.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a LAN/WAN engineering role performing duties at all levels of the network stack.
- Experience working in a complete help desk ticketing environment.
- In-depth and hands on knowledge of IP switching, routing, VLANs and VoIP.
- In-depth and hands on experience working with HP Enterprise, Aruba, ProCurve and Juniper hardware.
- In-depth and hands on knowledge of MS Server 2012R2, Active Directory, VMware vSphere, and Dell Compellent storage.
- In-depth experience with MPLS, SSL VPNs, and IPSec VPNs.
- In depth and hands on experience in wireless and RF technologies (wireless LAN controllers, access points)
- Experience with support tools such as industry standard network monitoring and troubleshooting tools (So.larwinds, Wireshark, Compellent Enterprise Monitor).
- Experience with vulnerability scanning and security hardening best practices.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- NIST 800-171
- Security Auditing
- Ruckus Wireless
- Teamcenter, AutoCAD
- KACE endpoint management
- Power Shell
- Exchange Server
- Mitel VoIP
Interested parties, please send resume to email@example.com (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.