Manufacturing Engineer Level 3
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer Level 3. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
This position requires a strong background in Aerospace manufacturing with a major emphasis on mechanical and electro-mechanical components and assemblies. This position requires experience in manufacturing / machining of large complex metallic components, electromechanical components and some CNC experience.
This position entails breaking down customer engineering requirements per drawing to review manufacturability and to create manufacturing planning, bills of material (BOM), liaison with manufacturing personnel to improve processes, troubleshoot assembly and machining problems, and reduce the time to manufacture products with the implementation of time saving measures while ensuring the quality, integrity and certification properties of products manufactured is maintained or improved. Must be flexible and be able to work in a fast paced environment in groups or individually.
- Provide technical support in troubleshooting existing manufacturing processes and/or product lines to achieve customer quality standards and profit objectives
- Assist in optimizing manufacturing efficiency and quality standards through the implementation of improved processes, materials, methods and facilities
- Support Production to ensure products are built to specifications and engineering documents
- Provide feedback to improve product design for ease of manufacturing, optimization of cost, and time to manufacture product
- Prepare engineering changes as required to support manufacturing and quality of parts produced
- Identify and if necessary, design and deploy tooling to aid in production processes
- Ensure standardization and compliance to engineering, customer and company specification for processes employed in the production of interior products
- Perform engineering analyses and apply problem-solving methods to support new product development and sustaining production. Perform root cause and corrective action on parts and processes that are not in control
- Identify new equipment, tool designs, and processes to improve consistency, accuracy, and cycle times. Design tooling, fixtures and jigs to improve manufacturing
- Interface directly with assemblers, production supervisors, leads, and management on a routine basis.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operator
- Coordinate with suppliers and external resources needed in developing and implementing new processes and improving existing processes
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 15 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Ability to read and decipher blueprints, drawings, procedures, and GD&T
- Strong process management, process improvement, problem solving and cost reduction skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and use of machinery including Programming of NC machines
- Knowledge in design of jigs and tooling used for assembly of the final product
- Must have knowledge of materials and metals processing, including Heat Treat and Coatings for aerospace requirements
- Must be able to perform basic measurement and inspection processes
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in creation of Manufacturing Planning for product realization
- Must have experience with MIL-STD documents, reading and interpretation of ASME Y14.5
- Must be able to write engineering reports that include analysis and results
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- CAD experience in CATIA or Pro-E a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft products is essential
- Must be able to speak/read/write English
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties, please send resume to email@example.com (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.