Manufacturing Engineer Level 1
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer Level 1. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
This position requires a background in aerospace manufacturing with a major emphasis on mechanical and electro-mechanical components and assemblies. The ideal candidate will have experience in manufacturing / machining of large complex metallic components, electromechanical components and some CNC experience is desired.
This position entails breaking down customer engineering requirements per drawing to create manufacturing planning, bills of material (BOM), design tooling/fixtures, liaison with manufacturing personnel to improve processes, troubleshoot assembly and machining problems, and reduce the time to manufacture products with the implementation of time saving measures while ensuring the quality, integrity and certification properties of products manufactured is maintained or improved. Must be flexible and be able to work in a fast paced environment in groups or individually.
- Support Production to ensure products are built to specifications and engineering documents.
- Provide feedback to improve product design for ease of manufacturing, optimization of cost, and time to manufacture product.
- Prepare engineering changes as required to support manufacturing and quality of parts produced.
- Identify and if necessary, design and deploy tooling to aid in production processes.
- Ensure standardization and compliance to engineering, customer and company specification for processes employed in production
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 5 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience.
- Fluent English Read / Write
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and use of machinery including Programming of NC machines
- Knowledge in design of jigs and tooling used for assembly of the final product
- Must have knowledge of materials and metals processing, including Heat Tread and Coatings for aerospace requirements
- Must be able to perform basic measurement and inspection processes
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in creation of Manufacturing Planning for product realization
- Must have experience with MIL-STD documents, reading and interpretation of ASME Y14.5.
- Must be able to write engineering reports that include analysis and results.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- CAD experience in CATIA or Pro-E a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products is essential.Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties, please send resume to email@example.com (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.