Mechanical Engineer Level 2
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Mechanical Engineer Level 2. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
Supports the development and documentation of mechanical systems. Supports the development, maintenance or modification of system designs. Performs limited detail design development and modification of mechanical system installations. Supports team in performing spatial integration at system or component level and modification of mechanisms. Assists in preparing technical documents for mechanical components and systems. Works under close supervision.
- Leading research of technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer.
- Assessing and resolving product/process issues through the product lifecycle.
- Working with and possibly directing cross-functional teams to conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for complex design non-conformances.
- Designing and/or providing analysis of interim and final engineering solutions.
- Oversees documentation of hardware related issues.
- Supports the development, maintenance or modification of system, component and installation designs.
- Perform and document analyses to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Contributes to supplier development, test and production activities and directs the supplier to optimize integration and achieve program goals.
- Acts to validate and verify mechanical and system requirements.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering and 2 or more years, or equivalent experience.
- Initiating Action – Seeks advice from direct supervisor when confronted with a non-routine problem or when made aware of a situation in own work area. Assists in implementing new ideas or potential solutions without prompting; does not wait for others to take action or to request action. Volunteers to take action that goes beyond job requirements in order to achieve work group objectives.
- Systems Thinking – Gains understanding of job tasks and processes and how they contribute to meeting work group objective(s). Identifies non-value-adding tasks and alerts more experienced employees for possible improvements. Participates in changes to job/role structures and processes as directed by supervisor.
- Analysis/Design – Basic ability to evaluate complex systems from a multitude of perspectives. Ability to perform multi-disciplinary trade studies to evaluate configuration alternatives for functional and spatial integration.
- Engineering Processes – Basic knowledge of responsibilities and tasks performed by various Engineering departments/disciplines (e.g., design, test, software, technology, avionics). Basic knowledge of the interaction between departments/disciplines and how their products/processes affect one another and impact non-engineering processes (e.g., Operations, Logistics, Business).
- Manufacturing Methods – Basic knowledge of manufacturing methods, fabrication processes (e.g., forming, stamping, machining, heat treatment, machines/machine tools, cutting tools and fluids, N/C programming, instrumentation, data acquisition and control systems). Ability to select the best method of producing parts, tools or assemblies.
- Design Concepts & Techniques – Basic knowledge of design concepts and techniques (e.g., concurrent engineering, Design for Manufacture/Assembly [DFM/A]).
- Computer Aided Design Tools – Basic knowledge of computer aided design tools and systems (e.g., computer aided design/computer aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM), computer aided three dimensional interactive (CATIA), Pro-Engineer, Unigraphics).
- Drawings/Data Sys and Models – Basic knowledge of drawings, data systems and models associated with supported systems/platforms.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties, please send resume to email@example.com (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.