Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Mechanical Assembler. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
Mechanical Assembler is responsible for assembling, fitting, fastening, and installing parts to form subassemblies. Will align, fit, assemble, fasten, connect, and install system components of military mechanical/electro-mechanical products.
- Position and align subassemblies in jigs or fixtures following blueprint, illustration, and operation specification requirements
- Install fasteners such as bolts, screws, rivets, rivnuts, helicoils, keenserts, and adhesives
- Align and fit sub and structural assemblies by installing and connecting parts, fittings, and assemblies
- Cut, trim, file, bend, and smooth parts, and verify sizes and fitting tolerances in order to ensure proper fit and clearance
- Use basic hand tools, i.e., screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, hammer, ratchets & sockets, ruler, calipers
- Set-up, operate, and maintain a variety of hand drilling and riveting equipment (Cherry & Huck)
- Perform other related duties as may be required
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, illustrations, and specifications to determine layouts and sequences of operations
- Be familiar with simple layout and drilling
- Must be able to work with minimum level of supervision
- Must have effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, or lifting
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, or kneel
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally assist others to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.