Material Handler/ Assistant Buyer
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Material Handler/ Assistant Buyer. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
- Receive, sort, stack, palletize, and store parts and raw material in processing/sub-contracts storage area according to identifying information and instructions.
- Determine identification, and location, considering weight limits, capacities, and available space.
- Maintain neat and well organized storage areas for quick identification and ease of retrieval of materials.
- Move or transport materials by forklift as required.
- Generating electronic purchase orders & manage purchase requisitions to deliveries.
- Ensure parts are procured at best value in accordance with price, quality, and delivery.
- Purchasing duties include an emphasis on competitive sourcing with capable approved suppliers.
- Procure in accordance to FAR & DFAR provisions and contractual customer requirements.
- Develop negotiating plans and conducts cost/price analysis for contracts.
- Assist Sales and Estimating Department with current market pricing in support of customer proposals.
- Assist with training, development of subordinates, and creating a “One Team” environment.
- Adhere to all Marvin policies and procedures.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend work instructions, and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, and multiply using whole numbers.
- General computer skills and familiarity with basic software programs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
- Must be able to frequent stand, walk, sit or lift.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English
Interested parties, please send resume to email@example.com (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.