Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Master Scheduler. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
The Master Scheduler is responsible for developing & maintaining the Master Production Schedule in SAP that supports on time delivery (OTD) while applying efforts to reduce overall inventory. In addition, this position will collaborate with Program Managers, Operations, and Engineering to maximize Customer service levels, maximize productivity, minimize overtime and support other business goals.
- Develop and maintain the master production schedule within SAP; establish and evaluate scheduling priorities.
- Establish and develop the overall scheduling methodology and procedures for the assigned product families/IPTs.
- Identify planning risks to resolve demand/supply and capacity issues. Coordinate any master schedule changes with planning and appropriate departments to maintain/improve OTD.
- Primary contact for the program management groups regarding scheduling of shipments; alert management to major swings in demand or capacity impacting delivery schedules.
- Facilitate the review process with Program Management to provide a forecast that ensures all nuances are understood when making production decisions.
- Develop a continuous Load vs. Capacity analysis to propose immediate actions.
- Utilize the capacity planning tools and feedback from supporting functions to manage and upgrade SAP Planning Master Data.
- Propose enhancements to SAP system and business processes to achieve OTD performance target.
- Manage and optimize master production schedule to level load production to improve labor and equipment utilization
- Lead weekly build plan meetings.
- Facilitate and participate in S & OP processes and meetings to minimize long terms business risks and improve business and product line performances.
- Develops statistical forecasts for new products being brought on line, or those products that have MEC history but no current customer sales orders in place.
- Leads the planning focus on inventory optimization, inventory builds in support of customer commitments, or inventory reduction opportunities as identified by planning and supply chain.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems and Operations Management (SOM), Supply Chain / Production, or Operations Management or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years as a Master Scheduler with a manufacturing company, preferably aerospace, with proven track record of delivering on-time performance and other favorable financial results.
- 3 years SAP experience preferred, or equivalent experience with other tier 1 sytems like Oracle.
- APICS CPIM, CSCP certification, as well as Lean Certification preferred.
- Professionally related seminars or accredited Operations Management coursework preferred.
- Strong knowledge/ and or experience in of all planning functions – master scheduling, shop floor planning, etc.
- Advanced working knowledge in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel (pivot tables).
- Strong knowledge of and exposure to various types of manufacturing processes and controls.
- Self-motivated to excel, act upon and achieve best possible results.
- Good communication skills with all levels of management, inclusive of the various planning functions.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and program management utilizing Excel and PowerPoint tools.
- Strong in the areas of training and mentoring planners and peers.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.