Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Manufacturing Manager. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
Oversee daily operations of Machining, Welding and Deburr departments. This includes, but is not limited to directing personnel and special processes, managing administrative processes, process improvements for efficiency and quality, controlling raw material, optimizing safety, coordinating equipment logistics and developing/maintaining a preventive maintenance protocol.
- Interviewing, hiring, training and mentoring personnel.
- Manage all CNC and manual machine centers, lathes, mills, support equipment, weld equipment, deburr equipment and personnel in support of on time delivery and quality.
- Analyze and plan work force and equipment utilization, space requirements and workflow.
- Manage personnel regarding performance, evaluations, conduct and compliance.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment.
- Manage and sustain a preventive maintenance program throughout work centers.
- Coordinate repairs and maintenance regimens with outside vendors.
- Make recommendations to improve production methods, performance, equipment and quality of product.
- Interface with other departments to ensure customer order deadlines are met.
- Manage machining, weld and deburr tooling inventory distribution and accountability.
- Analyze and resolve work problems and utilize collaboration for resolving problems, to include direct reports.
- Develop subordinates’ skills, encourage growth and mentor future leadership.
- Maintain and improve Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) back with data.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or needed.
- Frequent standing, walking, or sitting.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, or kneel.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferably in the aerospace or military industry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office Suite software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Familiarity with MRP/ERP software. Knowledge of SAP ERP software a plus.
- Previous experience in CNC programming and welding a plus.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.