Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Inventory Clerk. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
- Maintains inventory cycle count and physical inventory programs.
- Counts and reconciles randomly chosen or chosen part numbers and/or locations on a daily basis.
- Assists in developing solutions to shortages, overages and inventory discrepancies.
- Compiles, verifies, and reports periodic statistical information to management regarding trends in customer escalations as related to inventory.
- Assists in compiling data related to special projects, as requested by supervisor.
- Ensures compliance to inventory processes and procedures, and contractual obligations.
- Other duties as required and assigned
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency.
- Minimum 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training.
- Experience operating a forklift and cherry picker/high lift.
- PC literate with experience with SAP, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to physically count articles or products on shelves, racks and pallets.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high volume environment.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles, and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold including climates consistent with outside weather conditions
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 1.310.680.3917 Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 310.674.5030 x631.