Inventory Clerk – MLS
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Program Manager. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
The inventory clerk is an individual contributor ensuring that the MLS’s inventory is accurate, complete and safeguarded. This individual must be detail oriented and well organized. They need strong clerical skills to help them with their organizational and recording responsibilities. The clerk must treat people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works
with integrity and ethically; Upholds MLS values and is committed to company vision and mission.
- Loading / unloading of material from small and large trucks.
- Accurately document the quantity and quality of inventory.
- Receives, unpacks, and delivers goods; re-stocks items as necessary; labels shelves.
- Processes and documents returns to stock as required following established procedures.
- Transfer inventory to its appropriate stock location the same day as received.
- Ability to reconcile stock counts to report data.
- Perform physical count of inventory and perform reconciliation with actual available stock.
- Operate both manual and computerized inventory systems to punch in values of goods and equipment.
- Update inventory records with new information on a constant basis.
- Investigate inventory errors and perform corrective measures.
- Responsible for removing obsolete equipment from service and preparing it for disposal, as directed by management.
- Assist in conducting MLS inventory from start to finish with the goal of minimizing adjustments.
- Prepare inventory reports as needed.
- Follow guidelines for proper storage and handling of all inventories, including chemicals.
- Maintain physical condition of all inventory locations to ensure safety and minimize loss.
- Prepare kits for assembly through pick lists and production routers.
- Adheres to EH&S and FOD policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned to support MLS.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 3-5 years experience in a similar role that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Skills are required to perform multiple, non-technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job requirement.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn our operating software in detail.
- Familiar with an integrated ERP software (SAP Preferred).
- Database management skills.
- Ability to operate a Forklift.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.