Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Industrial Engineer. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
The position requires a strong ability to team with multiple departments to implement improvement plans for better utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, work station layouts, methods, and processes in order to improve operational efficiencies and increase product flow while meeting required quality and cost levels.
- Study organization charts and various project information to determine functions and responsibilities of workers and work units to identify areas of inefficiency, waste, or duplication.
- Establish work measurement programs to analyze standards for labor utilization.
- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts, quality requirements, and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Work closely with various departments, in conjunction with the Lean Team, to identify and recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials, time, labor, movement, and utilities such as restructuring job duties, revising work instructions, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and/or equipment, and/or the purchase of new equipment.
- Advise and confer with Executive Management on proposed implementation plans and recommendations.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- The individual must have the ability to consistently perform the following satisfactorily:
- Gather and analyze information skillfully
- Develop project plans; coordinate projects
- Develop workable implementation plans
- Write clearly and informatively
- Monitor transition and evaluate results
- Understand business implications of decisions
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Support organization’s goals, vision, and values
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Industrial Engineering from four year college or university required.
- Minimum of 6 years Industrial Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment, management experience a plus.
- Green or Blackbelt in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement preferred.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.