Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced HR Recruiter. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
The HR Recruiter is responsible for the overall recruiting process in obtaining applicants for all open positions throughout the company. This position must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all functions in the company, a basic understanding of the company’s organizational structure as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Processes job requisitions by reviewing requirements with hiring manager to then post position on company website and various other external locations.
- Acts as liaison with area employment agencies including negotiating and controlling employment-related fees.
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with college, university and community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Screens resumes (internal/external candidates), conducts telephone screenings and schedules interviews.
- Coordinates appropriate on-site testing.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
- Extends verbal and written job offers.
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of job offers (e.g., benefits, compensation, medical/drug screening).
- Processes new hire documentation.
- Coordinates background checks and new hire medical/drug screening.
- Processes agency invoices for temporary staff and direct hires.
- Manages current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Maintains employee referral program and processes payment to employees when due.
- Maintains weekly report on new hires and monthly HR metrics via Excel and PowerPoint.
- Manages application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or minimum of 3 years of HR Recruiter or HR Generalist experience
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now Recruitment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high volume environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to speak/read/write English
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.