Electrical Assembly Supervisor
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Electrical Assembly Supervisor. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
Direct and coordinate activities of workers engaged in assembly and testing of electrical components for example harnesses, power supplies, mechanical assemblies, capacitors, and switches, applying knowledge of assembly techniques, equipment setup, and testing procedures.
- Direct supervision of employees in accordance with the Company Policies and Procedures.
- Interprets blueprints, specifications, and job orders and assigns work.
- Demonstrates: equipment setup and operation, techniques of assembly, wiring, and soldering.
- Interviewing and training employees.
- Appraising employee performance, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Study production schedules and estimates, maintain time and production records, and coordinate manpower to meet changing conditions.
- Ensure customer shipment dates and specifications are met by coordinating flow of product through department according to production order requirements.
- Make recommendations to improve production methods, performance, and quality of product.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure customer order deadlines are met.
- Enforce Safety requirements, regulations and interpret Company Policies.
- Perform RCCA’s, corrective and preventive actions and/or assist workers to solve problems.
- Develop subordinates’ skills and encourage growth.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, drawings, specifications, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office Suite software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Familiarity with MRP/ERP software. Knowledge of SAP ERP software.
- Previous experience in troubleshooting and assembly of military mechanical and/or electromechanical equipment.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of documents published in the BMS Library.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking, or sitting.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, or kneel.
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.