DCMA Liaison Quality Engineer
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced DCMA Liaison Quality Engineer. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
MEC’s primary point of contact when interfacing with resident Defense Contractor Management Agency (DCMA) Quality Assurance Representatives (QARs). The DCMA liaison shall be the “Eyes of the Customer” and ensure that quality data package (sell-off package) for product presented to the customer will be accepted the first time.
- Acts as MEC’s “Eyes of the Customer” and conducts a preliminary verification that the Purchase Order Number, Contract Number, Part Number, Part Revision, Delivery Note Number and Inspection Source type are correct.
- Conducts a preliminary review of the sell-off package provided by the Quality Engineer. Review includes verifying the documentation against F-846, QE Checklist for preparing packages and ensuring compliance to the contract.
- Reviews the presented Delivery Notes, Production Orders – ensuring that all operations have been confirmed and bought off.
- Reviews the presented Inspection Records – ensuring that the data provided aligns with the product being presented. Verifying that the inspection sampling plan, critical dimension drawing notes have been properly captured and are correct.
- Verifying that all Certification included are correct.
- Reviews all Material Inspection Receiving Reports presented and verifying that traceability to the Heat Lot Number is properly documented.
- Reviews government reports/documentation (PLT, FAT, Approval Letters (FAT/PLT), DD250, DD1149, DD1423.
- Included in the review and acceptance of the sell-off package, the Quality Engineer, DCMA Liaison must also review and verify that the CLIN, PO line, Serial Numbers, Part Name, Part Number referenced on the Delivery Note is consistent with the contract.
- Reviews the Contract, Contract Modifications, SQAP/QAP and drawing(s) in their entirety, and that all supporting documents provided meet contractual obligations.
- Reviews Test Data provided and verifies serial number documentation is correct.
- Reviews WAWF Receiving Report and verifies cage code, administered by, Ship-to, Ship from, Payment Official, Inspect by, Accept by, Marked for, Quantity, CLIN, comments are consistent with the contract and delivery note provided.
- Accepts or rejects F528 shipping form and verifies the packaging of the item being shipped, and its shipping instructions prior to submission through the GSI Portal
- Emails via the DCMA portal all GSI Source Requests.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- Must have 5-10 years in Quality Assurance, specifically in the Aerospace and Defense Industry.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in working directly with DCMA.
- College degree desirable or combination of applicable work experience in the Aerospace and Defense Industry.
- Experience as a Quality Engineer in Aerospace and Defense is desired.
- Knowledge of SAE specifications including AS9100D, DFARs, DCMA policies and / or resourceful in searching for applicable documents within the Contract or on the Internet,
- Experience in reading/interpreting blueprints, government contracts and specifications.
- Good Typing Skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Take initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Able to write and maintain applicable work instructions.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Strong time management,organizational and customer service skills a plus.
- Detail-oriented and meticulous in following through on all assigned actions or responsibilities.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
Interested parties, please send resume to email@example.com (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.