Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced CNC Programmer. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
Support machine shops in developing CNC programs, machining process improvements and fixture design.
- Program CNC Vertical & Horizontal Multi-Axis and Mill/Turn Lathes
- Choose cutting tools that will create an efficient and cost-effective part
- Analyze and select speeds and feeds that optimize the cutting process
- Create setup sheets and instructions for machinists
- Help verify programs and setups by reviewing and measuring parts
- Troubleshoot and develop solutions to programs and production setups
- Develop, prepare, optimize and maintain files, programs and production setups
- Establish processes and procedures
- Design fixtures and work holdings to accommodate CNC Programs
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations
- Time Management and Organization
- Communicate and collaborate with Engineers and Machinist
- Perform other duties, as required
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years experience in Aerospace/Aerostructures industry
- CATIA V5 Programming experience required
- FeatureCAM Programming experience, a plus
- Minimum 3 years experience Setting up CNC Machines and CNC Programming
- Trade School Certification or College preferred
- Maintain awareness and understanding of documents published in the BMS Library, with specific competency on the SIPOCs applicable to the Machining process
- Intermediate blueprint knowledge
- Microsoft Suite proficiency (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must have a professional attitude as well as a passion for continuous improvement
- Must be able to speak/read/write English
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee:
- Is regularly required to stand for long periods of time
- Must lift and/or move up to 35 pounds to chest level
- Occasionally must lift up to 25 pounds over the head
- Subject to hearing requirements
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth of perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses, with side shields
- Protective footwear
- Hearing protection as necessary
- Gloves, as needed
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.