Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for a Buyer to work with the Procurement Team. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
The Buyer will source and purchase components and assemblies to support manufacturing, repair and overhaul, and spares market. This position is required to provide the best value solution that supports our supply chain goals including cost, quality, and on-time delivery. The right candidate should have buying experience in aerospace along with a good working knowledge of military level quality requirements and specifications.
- Develop and support comprehensive sourcing strategies in a team environment
- Coordinate work processes/approvals with senior management and internal customers
- Display commitment to the on-time delivery of quality products
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- AS/BS in a technical field is desirable
- 3 plus years of hands-on experience with the procurement of aerospace components
- Capable of understanding and interpreting mechanical drawings
- Display a commitment to the on time delivery of quality products
- Communicate concisely with all levels inside and outside the company
- Have strong negotiations skills
- Have longstanding relationships within the manufacturing community
- Action oriented with a record of achieving business goals
- Strategic thinker that utilizes creative and innovative problem solving approaches to achieve key company procurement goals
- Have high personal and professional integrity
- Be self-starting, highly organized, outgoing with excellent people skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced manufacturing environment with on-time delivery as a priority
- Good working knowledge of computer software such as Word and Excel
- MRP systems experience. SAP experience.
- Strong mathematical and English communication skills
- Must be able to speak/read/write English
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.