Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Assistant Buyer. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
Integral part of the purchasing department team and should be able to anticipate problems and tasks before they are specifically pointed out.
- Ensure timely delivery of goods ordered from suppliers, documenting telephone conversations, providing up to the minute accurate information to Program Managers and general interface with our suppliers.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- Strong computer skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to learn the use proprietary software
- Self-starter, highly organized, outgoing with excellent people and telephone skills
- Correspondence and letter writing (good spelling and grammar is a must), spreadsheets
- Good decision making skills
- Good understanding of processes used to produce sophisticated metal parts is a plus
- Experience in this type of setting and performing similar tasks is a definite plus
- Must be able to speak/read/write English
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.