Accounts Payable Specialist
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
To process authorized accounts payable in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assemble and verify supporting documentation for matching invoices to PO, Receiving Report & Inspection Report via paper document and SAP ERP system.
- Communicate with program managers, Procurement, Inspection, Receiving for problem- solving
- Prepare weekly invoice distributions for program manager’s approvals
- Prepare daily COD / CIA requests
- Prepare and reconcile Vendor Advances / Liquidations
- Prepare daily DMR requests and processing
- Prepare A/P adjustments
- Assist in preparing weekly check runs
- Assist in processing utility invoices and SAP upload
- Assist in maintaining vehicle fleet list, insurance file, DMV transactions
- Assist with monthly expense reimbursement processing and SAP upload
- Prepare expense summary for Credit Cards and processing through SAP
- Prepare monthly Excel spreadsheet for Rideshare program and SAP upload
- Maintain Excel summary for special vendor accounts
- Reconcile vendor accounts to PO to Aging
- Document with Reason Codes for delay process of invoice
- Assist month end closing, quarter end closing, and year end closing
- Assist in Preparing vendor W-9 filing
SKILLS / REQUIREMENT
- 2 – 3 years of A/P experience with a proven record of responsibility and growth
- Manufacturing accounts payable experience preferred
- Must be proficient in SAP FI/Accounts Payable system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Clear understanding of the procurement to payment cycle
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high volume environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Problem solver
- Possess high integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with Can-Do-Attitude
- Must be able to speak/read/write English
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
Interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256. Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.